Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's a boy!

Justin and I are very excited to announce that we are expecting a son, due to arrive sometime around the new year. So far, everything has been going smoothly, and Mom and baby are both doing fine. We had our first ultrasound a couple of days ago, and as far as we could tell all the important parts were there - head, spine, heart, fingers, and legs.





My only complaint so far is that I have felt stuck at the stage where it looks like I need to do crunches rather than have any kind of "cute" pregnancy belly. My co-workers (and their 10 pregnancies total) all roll their eyes when I complain about this and tell me that the weight will come quickly enough and then I will wish it hadn't.


The plan is that Justin will be the primary childcare provider, so he has been reading all of the baby books given to us by friends. By the time the baby comes, he will be in the position of telling me all about the proper to hold, feed, and diaper a baby! He is also about to start full-tilt into our long list of "projects that need to be done pre-baby" like refinishing the floors and painting rooms. We love our new house, but it has needed a lot of TLC.



In other news for this summer, we also took a quick and busy trip to Kansas for my doctoral graduation, a wedding, an ordination, and a family visit.

Overall, we have to say that we feel very grateful for all of the blessings in our lives and look forward to continuing to share them with all our friends and family through this blog.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Many, many congrats to you two! I'll be praying you all three of you now! Do you have a name picked out yet?
Love,
Aunt Kelly R.

Joanna said...

I am soooo happy for you both. I will be checking the blog frequently. All is well up our way. Hey for you guys!! By the way, my sister is expecting on Jan 6, so sounds around the same time..

Emily said...

what wonderful news! welcome to motherhood :)

- emily, ben and moira

kb said...

Congratulations! I will keep all of your in my prayers. Please feel free to ask if there's anything we can do. Also, beautiful quote for the blog. Thanks for sending it!

Jade said...

Congratulations! That is all so exciting. I'm glad to hear that you are both so happy! Best of luck with the whole event.

Jeff and Heather said...

love the blog!! congrats!! and the house is super cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Felicitations!!! I am so pleased for you both (+1)!!! I'm excited that you have opted to blog about the pregnancy; I cannot wait for the upcoming photo posts! Baby bumps are very in right now...