Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Some new pics



Here is a picture of "the belly" at 32 weeks:


And some pictures from my shower:

The bear crocheted by Grandma Mitchell.

Future Grandma, Mommy, and Aunt
As you can see from the background of this picture, he is a very blessed baby.

As of right now, I am at 35 weeks - about 4 to 5 weeks from estimated delivery date! It is finally starting to feel real. Next week we will graduate from our birthing class, and I am getting anxious about having things done, like the car seat installation. Also, I have "hit the wall." I didn't realize this last month would be so tiring and uncomfortable. He seems to have gotten in the habit of "snuggling" right up under my ribs or crashing straight down onto my bladder. Luckily that is preparing me for childbirth, since I am now beginning to look forward to it as a way to get my body back rather than something scary or painful.

Entering the last month of pregnancy as the same time as Advent has been very helpful for me. I am trying to concentrate on "expectant waiting and preparation" and not get too anxious about the details, knowing that those will all get taken care of, or weren't that important to begin with.

I certainly have a new appreciation of the Nativity story and how brave Mary was to travel to Nazereth, away from her family. I am glad Joseph was there for her, just as I am glad to count on having Justin with me!


2 comments:

kari said...

Oh, I don't know, it seems like it's the forefront of the photo that makes that baby so blessed!

Jeff and Heather said...

we are so excited and happy for you!!! we LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture!!!!!!!!!! :)